29 February 2016

Gout - symptoms, diagnosis, treatment

I have Gout and I do not drink... it is not true... that alcohol causes Gout... I do not drink alcohol And I get Gout...  I have only one kidney... due to cancer of my right Kidney... it was removed... I have arthritis of the spine... and also my knees... it is the longest this week I have had gout for... I am at long last on Allopurinol... so lets hope this works for me... it is so painful... I have a cardboard box in my bed... so as the blankets do not touch my foot... and I do not wear shoes... while I have gout... too much pain...  Gout is caused by high level of uric acid in the blood...  Ann...
============================================= 
Gout - symptoms, diagnosis, treatment. 
Gout is a painful form of arthritis that can affect toe, foot, ankle, knee, hand and elbow joints.  Symptoms include pain, swelling and shiny redness over the affected joints.   Treatment of acute gout attacks is designed to relieve pain and inflammation, primarily through medication.  Diet and other lifestyle changes can help prevent future attacks. 
Gout is a painful form of arthritis (inflammation of the joints). It is sometimes referred to as gouty arthritis.  The most common place for gout to develop is the ball of the big toe; however the joints of the feet, ankles, knees, hands and elbows can also be affected.  It is unusual for gout to affect more than one or two joints at a time.  

https://www.southerncross.co.nz/AboutTheGroup/HealthResources/MedicalLibrary/tabid/178/vw/1/ItemID/171/Gout-symptoms-diagnosis-treatment.aspx#causes